Tuesday, September 25, 2007

100 Things

1. I like to put my thoughts in writing
2. I do not do it enough
3. Mosquitoes love me
4. It is not reciprocal
5. I am an only child
6. I very often feel the need to fix other people’s problems
7. When I was a kid I wanted to be a Veterinarian
8. I love listening to music
9. I have NO talent for making it
10. I am accident prone
11. I was raised to believe I can do anything
12. I read voraciously as a kid
13. I should get back to doing that
14. I am a procrastinator
15. I love staring into the campfire
16. I am generally not a social drinker
17. I drink to get drunk, but I only do this a few time a year
18. I like the sound of Chad Krouger’s singing voice and I love the sound of Tyler Connolly's singing voice.
19. I learned to drive in a 1968 Ford pick-up
20. I knew how to drive stick by age 11
21. I am a sentimentalist
22. My friends confide in me…sometimes so do perfect strangers
23. I securely hold a lot of people’s secrets
24. I give good advice
25. I could play with puppies all damn day
26. I am not superstitious
27. I am a very good judge of character
28. I love to travel
29. I am not squeamish about blood
30. I am intelligent
31. I watch too much TV
32. I love the smell of tomatoes on the vine
33. I am big on details
34. I talk very, very fast
35. My brain is going even faster behind the scenes
36. I giggle like Betty Rubble
37. I am slow to forgive
38. I appreciate a quick whit
39. I have completed the 60k Weekend to End Breast Cancer
40. I am a firm believer in Karma
41. I am good in a crisis
42. I like cold coffee drinks but will not drink hot coffee
43. I cannot read in a moving vehicle without feeling ill
44. My appendix tried to kill me in 2004
45. It damn near succeeded
46. Morphine makes me hallucinate like a son-of-a-bitch
47. I could never become a drug addict
48. I usually have a pretty clear idea of how I want things done
49. I am a keen observer
50. The only bone I have ever broken is my toe
51. I broke the toe two weeks before my 60k walk
52. I stepped on a nail the same day
53. See # 10
54. I do not know what I want to be when I grow up
55. I am prone to road rage, but have it better under control now
56. No really, I do
57. I am strangely captivated by Jacob Hoggard
58. I like to sleep in
59. I learn by doing
60. I like to play crib, my Mom taught me when I was small
61. I have good instincts
62. I am picky about grammar
63. I am the go-to person at my workplace
64. I tend to need to know the reasons why
65. I have one dimple
66. I am not meek
67. I have been in negotiations for two union contracts and also spent 9 weeks on a picket line
68. I wear my Great Grandmother’s ring
69. Change scares me, just a little
70. I have long eyelashes
71. If I am wrong I will admit it
72. I am rarely out of control (see # 17)
73. If I do not know how to do something I will figure it out, or ask – it will get done
74. I manage money for a lot of different groups
75. The smell of Lilies of the Valley reminds me of my childhood
76. I am in awe of the power of the ocean
77. I think petunias are pretty
78. I have philanthropic tendencies
79. I think big pick-up trucks are sexy
80. I love a starry night
81. I very often catch the time 12:34 on the clock, and it is not intentional, it just happens
82. I feel zero guilt that my blog is long neglected
83. I love powerful thunder & lightning storms
84. I had my last cigarette on Jan 1, 2000
85. I like having my toenails painted
86. Currently they are blindingly pink with dainty little white flowers
87. I want to go to Egypt, and Scotland, and Australia…I have a lot of wants
88. I enjoy what I do for work
89. I’ve been doing it for way…too...long
90. Proper spelling is important to me
91. I like to reminisce
92. My longest friendship spans 34 years and is ongoing
93. I don’t trust easily
94. I am a planner
95. I really like old Craftsman style houses, like 100 + years old
96. I can be bossy
97. I could drink bellinis all day long
98. One day I will
99. I can curse a blue streak, and sometimes actually do
100. I am long past due for a sunny beach vacation

4 comments:

Kazzy said...

Welcome back, babe.

:D

Kazzy said...

We need to meet in person one day. If we don't scare the hell out of each other because we are pretty similar, I think we are going to get on like a house on fire!

Betty said...

Thanks, it has been a while. Not feeling really chatty of late, but still wanted to do this 100 things, thing.

I agree, we need to meet. Would be cool to do so with Nej, but if not we should plan something on our own, perhaps involving drinking.

Kazzy said...

Yes (about meeting with or without Nej). After the week I just had, adding something alcoholic would be just what I need.. been a long one..

:D

I found doing the 100 things list pretty cool too... made me think about me..