Thursday, October 26, 2006

Idiocy Abounds!

Time is short, as is my temper right now, so I’ll keep this brief.

If you have a yield sign, obey it. My horn is getting weak, as is my reluctance to let you run into me.

If there’s a pedestrian in the crosswalk, stop moving and let them finish crossing the road.

Pay attention to what is around you and act accordingly.

Don’t park in the middle of the road.

Don’t pull off the shoulder and into traffic without looking.

Don’t leave your shopping cart in the middle of the grocery store aisle while you peruse the merchandise with the other 2 generations of your family. It impedes traffic. I am traffic. I am also not impressed.

The words, “please excuse me” should be uttered before you push past me, leaving me looking jaw-agape in your direction. Don’t stand there and glare at me as if you have asked me to please move. You haven’t and I’m not going to.

Walk on the right side. It’s like driving. Keep to your side and don’t be surprise the next time I let you walk right into me. Also, that thing, where you walk up to me on the “wrong” side and stop right in front of me, waiting for me to go around you…it’s getting old. I hope you brought a book because I ain’t moving. You’re on the wrong side, YOU go around.

When backing up your vehicle, take a look around before you hurtle backwards. Very often there is something driving by behind you. Often it is me.

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

I think you should avoid downtown NW then with their new parking scheme... I can only imagine how everything is snarled by a whole new way of parking (to some folks that is)

Gotta love going in to the holiday season and how moronic people are when it comes to parking lots. This is the point where I start to pick that spot as far away from the doors and chaos as possible.

What gets me is when you say thank you to someone, and you get the "uh-huh" I know this is a total aside byt you got me thinking with the "excuse me" comment that doesn't always happen.