Friday, August 18, 2006

"Baby On Board"

You've seen the signs. Surely you have. They're everywhere, on practically every vehicle. Baby on Board..Child in Car, you get the idea.

What I want to know is what are you hoping will happen when you display that sign? What's the purpose? What are you trying to achieve?

By all means, display your plastic signs if you like but the way I see it there are two kinds of drivers out there on the roads with you and your signs;

1) The type of driver who goes about their business, drives like a normal person, understands the rules of the road, pays attention to what goes on around them and wouldn't intentionally place another’s vehicle in harms way. These people are aware.

2) The type of driver who behaves like “me first” at any cost, I want what I want when I want it and I don’t care who’s in my way or what I have to do to get there and I’m more important than you. A common bully. These people have no concern for the wellbeing of others, are ignorant, opportunistic and oblivious.

By my calculations the type “1” driver is not going to change their style because of the type of passengers you carry in your car. They’re already doing the right thing by you on the road, regardless of who is in your vehicle.

The type “2” driver is a fucktard, unwilling or unable to respect other people and they have no clue how reckless they are. There is no reforming these people and they do not give a shit about anybody but themselves. Period.

No comments: