Monday, August 14, 2006

My Cruise Control Reveals Your Lack Of Driving Skill

My current vehicle has cruise control & is an automatic. Two features I’ve never had in a vehicle before. I went from changing gears and accelerating on my own to a vehicle that could practically drive itself and only recently have chosen to sometimes relinquish speed control. Hell, I'm behind the wheel so I might as well do something.

While highway driving it is just amazing to me how bad some people are at maintaining a consistent speed and I would not really realize it if it were not for the cruise control. I set my speed and go while others are speeding up and slowing down all over the place. I’m constantly on the brakes or changing lanes to accommodate for the inconsistent or otherwise incompetent. I wonder if I used to be like that? Actually, I don't care if I was. Now everybody else is really annoying me!

1 comment:

Refinnej said...

You just hit on one of my biggest peeves. I notice it when I drive the highway to Vancouver, especially in the twisty parts of a certain Canyon. GRRRRRRR. Listen, fuckers, pick a speed and stick with it. I can't be expected to predict from minute to minute what speed you might be driving at.

Assclowns.