Tuesday, September 05, 2006

THE Corner

Do you have a place where bad things repeatedly happen to you while you're driving? I do. It's the corner just up from my house. It has become THE corner. The one where people try and kill me.

My street would be considered the main street and the intersection concerned involves a short 1-block street, notably close to several schools. Countless times while I am driving down my street have jackasses pulled out of the short street and right into my path. I really cannot count the number of times I have almost been hit at this intersection. People pull out, turning left and directly into my path. People pull out to turn right and totally cut me off, to the point where I am at a dead stop in the intersection, wondering "what the hell was that?".

I've taken to driving on the wrong side of the street as I pass by this intersection, if only to allow myself more time to evade the fucktards who will inevitably pull out from the short street. I also make a point of taking a deep breath as I approach, just so I won't be caught thinking about breathing while I evade the next jerk-off to come barreling at me. It has changed who I am, it pisses me off and I'm tired of the anxiety.

I'm waiting for my day of amnesty so I can say "fuck it" and just take the hit.

No comments: